Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve stock up

I'm normally not one to make resolutions, but this year I decided it was worth a try. So, I joined the 100 Day Raw Challenge on www.rawfu.com.

My game plan is to make sure that the majority of my diet consists of fruit and greens, with nuts and oils etc. kept to a minimum. Just enough to get the benefits, not so much that I get too many calories from fat. I wanna really clean house this year, especially my lymph system.

Today, I restocked the pantry.

I think I will have greater success over this next 100 days if I blog it or vlog it often. As a part of my rawfu discipline, I plan to record my grocery lists and totals. Laborious, yes, but worthwhile research for the argument about raw food being more expensive.

Without further ado:

3.05 lb tub of Pitted Honey Dates @ $5
280 g Pecans in shell@ $3.49
1 fennel/anise bulb@ $1.69
2 x 4.4 oz. blueberries@ $4
1 celery@ $1.69
2 broccoli @ $1.50
4 avocadoes (bagged)@ $2.99
1 smallish cantaloupe @$0.88
1 red lettuce @ $1.49
1 x 3 pc. romaine hearts @ $2
3 ataulfo mangoes @ $0.67
4 vine tomatoes = $2.64
1 green onion bunch @$0.59
5 Asian Pears @ $4.77
1 Date Walnut Round @ $2.49
Bananas @ $2.08
1 English (Mexican) cucumber @ $1.79
2 Red Mangoes @ $0.99
3 lb IdaRed Apples @ $2.99
1 Pineapple @ $2.49

Tax: $0.00 Total: $50.05

I went to the cheapest grocery store in town, and was pleased to find that the produce was not overtly international. Lots of it was at least grown on this continent, barring the obvious i.e. pineapple! I am rather accustomed to buying a high percentage of organic, but I'm going to have to refine my shopping and look for deals. Thankfully, my former employer is an organic food delivery service, and I can take 'last week's greens' at a reduced price.

The chick that rang me through charged me for the pineapple twice. Shall rectify that tomorrow perhaps. Maybe that's how they keep their costs low at that grocery store:)

Hope 2008 was good to you,

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment