Thursday, December 4, 2008

Really Raw Day - 15 I GOOFED up yesterday!

Yesterday, my boyfriend and I went to a restaurant we usually go to in my hometown. I ordered my usual without thinking, and d'oh! At least it was a salad with a veggie wrap, though the veggies were grilled:(

I'm not defeated or upset...however this is a great learning experience, because I felt pretty crappy for the rest of the day! A wonderful illustration of how much what we eat affects how we feel. I could feel the inflammation creeping back into those familiar places, and my oh my, the tummy ache! I think I have always had a level of gluten intolerance, which explains some of the IBS symptoms I had had for most of my life. So, I've learned my lesson. Once you've felt good after feeling really bad for a long time, you don't want to go back! Though I do believe that if I was in a better state of health digestion wise, my body would be better capable of dealing with such transgressions...

Normally, a slight relapse would be a license to jump off the wagon, with a promise to get back into gear the next day. But, I've learned from my mistake - keep it simple, whole and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment